This simple keto air fryer shrimp recipe has no breading, but the addition of garlic powder and salt and pepper make sure these shrimp are perfectly seasoned. Hands-down, this is my favorite way to cook shrimp because it is so quick and easy. I used jumbo shrimp for this recipe so they need 10 minutes to cook. If your shrimp are smaller, they would cook more quickly.
Air fryer garlic shrimp – quick, easy, and delicious!
I love a delicious serving of jumbo shrimp. I never bother with the smaller shrimp because you can usually find the jumbo shrimp on sale at the supermarket.
I buy frozen jumbo shrimp because where I live, we really do not have seafood shops where we can go and pickup fresh shrimp. Frozen is as good as it is going to get here.
You can buy shrimp that are already cleaned for you, of you can buy them already peeled and deveined.
I love this garlic shrimp recipe because of how simple it is and because you can use it to top all sorts of dishes. The shrimp would be perfect on a salad or as a main dish.
This recipe is super simple but I have a few tips to make it the most perfect garlic shrimp recipe in the air fryer:
- Use powdered garlic rather than minced garlic. Since we are cooking these shrimp at 400F, the garlic will burn before the shrimp are finished cooking. Garlic powder gives us the amazing garlic flavor without the burning. Also, most air fryer baskets have holes and the minced garlic would fall through the holes.
- Use Avocado oil instead of olive oil or butter. When cooking at high heat, you want to avoid olive oils and butter because they will burn. Avocado oil is perfect for high heat cooking.
- Make sure you do not overcook the shrimp. Shrimp cook quickly and you know they are cooked when they are no longer opaque and they are a C shape. Of your shrimp form an O shape, they are overcooked.
Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp- Ready in 10 Minutes!
- 1 Pound Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- In a medium size mixing bowl, place your shrimp, garlic powder, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place your shrimp in your Air Fryer. Set to 400F for 10 minutes. No need to shake halfway through. The 10 minutes is the perfect time for jumbo shrimp, but if your shrimp are smaller, you would need to cook for a shorter amount of time.
- How to know if the shrimp are cooked: Shrimp are cooked when they are pink and no longer opaque. They will start to curl up but the ends will not touch. They will be C shaped. Shrimp that are O shaped (the ends touch) are over cooked.