The perfect keto snack to keep on hand in your freezer. These are filled with walnuts, pecans, coconut oil, almond butter, chocolate, and collagen.
I am so in love with these Chocolate Chip Collagen Bars. I know for a fact that I will keep these in my freezer at all times for a quick keto snack.
Collagen is a great ingredient to add to these bars because it adds some protein, but not too much like a protein powder would add. It also gives a healthy dose of collagen!
I have found collagen powder available at most grocery stores. Kroger has Dr. Axe brand that I really like. I have also found a collagen powder at Walmart in the pharmacy area with the protein powders.
For the chocolate in this recipe, you could use Lily’s dark chocolate chips, but I like to recommend products that can be found at most grocery stores and Lily’s is kind of expensive. I recommend buying a Lindt Dark Chocolate bar and chopping it up. Something in the 85-90% bitter range. It will have some sugar, but not much.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COLLAGEN BARS
To get started with this easy keto snack recipe, line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
Then add your chopped walnuts, pecans, and chocolate on top of the parchment paper.
Now it is time to make the delicious mixture that is going to bring it all together.
First we melt the almond butter with the Swerve, coconut oil, and vanilla (I know I did this wrong in the video because I got flustered, lol).
Once that is all melted we can add in the collagen and let that dissolve in the hot liquid.
Now we pour the mixture over the chopped nuts and chocolate, being sure to get it down into the nuts. You could tap the baking pan on the counter a few times to help the liquid work its way down to the bottom.
Now we place the baking dish in the freezer to let them firm up so they can be cut into squares.
Now we just remove them from the dish and cut into 16 squares. You can then wrap them in plastic wrap if you want them to be portable, or you can put them all in a freezer container and pull one out whenever you have a sweet craving.
EASY KETO SNACK COOKING TUTORIAL
Chocolate Chip Collagen Bars
- 1.5 Cups Chopped walnuts
- 1.5 Cups Chopped pecans
- 1 90% Cocoa Lindt Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 1 Cup Creamy Almond Butter
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- Course Salt for topping (optional)
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray the paper with oil spray.
- Mix the chopped nuts with the chopped chocolate and pour into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, add almond butter, swerve, coconut oil, and vanilla. Once warm, add the collagen peptides and mix to dissolve.
- Taste the mixture for sweetness and add more swerve, if desired.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts and chocolate and sprinkle with coursesalt, if desired.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until frozen solid.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 16 squares. Wrap each one with plastic wrap and keep stored in the freezer.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- This recipe would work without the collagen but I really like the health benefits. I found mine at Walmart with the protein powders.
⭐ Did you make this Keto Snack Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer