Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies These keto chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make with only 1 bowl and 2 net carbs per cookie!

keto chocolate chip cookies on parchment paper

These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies are so easy to make and they are kid approved!  Make them anytime you get that chocolate chip cookie craving…without the guilt!

grab my FREE low carb success guide and keto cookbook!

(P.S. That's how I lost over 60 pounds)

Have I ever mentioned that I am a self proclaimed cookie monster?  I think I may have mentioned it in my post on low carb butter cookie energy bites.  Anyway, I love the cookies, but they do not love my hips and thighs, if you know what I mean.  I was on a mission, a cookie creation mission.  Because I cannot live without chocolate chip cookies any more!

I’m just a little obsessed, can’t you tell?

keto chocolate chip cookies“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

These keto chocolate chip cookies are low carb (yes even the chocolate chips), gluten free, and absolutely delicious.  But how can that be, Jennifer?  I could lie and say it is magic, but I shall be honest and attribute this amazing recipe to Lilys chocolate chips, almond flour, and swerve sweetener.  That’s how it can be, sugar plum.

a little girl picking up a keto chocolate chip cookie from a plate

As you can see, these keto chocolate chip cookies are approved by my picky little rug rats.  When I served them to my pickiest one, I watched out of the corner of my eye, and waited for that all too familiar scowl and BLECK!, sound to come out of his mouth.  But to my surprise, he uttered the words “Mommy, these are the best cookies ever!”  Music to my ears.

As you also may know, my husband, AKA child number 3 (he knows I say that), is the pickiest one of all.  He was raised on buttered noodles, Hi-C, and hot dogs.  He accepted these keto chocolate chip cookies into his life with open arms!

You get keto chocolate chip cookies, and you get chocolate chip cookies, and they were keto and we all lived happily ever after!

Except my boy has never had a green vegetable pass through his lips in his almost 8 years of existence.  I digress.  One day, one day.

HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES VIDEO:

A NOTE ON THE CARB COUNT

I have been getting a few irate people saying I have calculated the macros wrong on this keto cookie recipe and they are going to be knocked out of ketosis.  Please note, you must subtract the erythritol in the swerve and the lily’s chocolate chips and subtract the fiber to get an accurate carb count.

⭐ Did you make this Keto Cookie Recipe?  Use #lowcarbwithjennifer on Instagram for a chance to be featured!

keto chocolate chip cookies on a sheet pan

Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies

These keto chocolate chip keto cookies are low carb, gluten free, easy to make, amazingly delicious, and kid approved!
2 Net Carbs
4.83 from 73 votes
PRINT RECIPE PIN RECIPE
Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Keyword: keto cookie recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 21
Calories: 179kcal

Ingredients

Instructions

• Pre-heat oven to 350
  • Add softened butter (or coconut oil) and swerve sweetener in a stand mixer (or hand mixer with a large bowl), mix on medium until combined
  • add 2 eggs and vanilla and mix until combined
  • combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl
  • add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined
  • Fold in Lily's Chocolate Chips
  • Scoop 18-21 cookies onto lined baking sheet (you may need 2 depending on how big your sheets are).  Flatten them out by pressing down on the top slightly.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes
  • Let cool on the cookie sheets for 30 minutes. These will stay soft and delicious for at least 4 days in an air tight container. See notes for freezing instructions.

Notes

• Mixing - This recipe has evolved into a dump recipe because they turn out perfectly even with just dumping all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mixing.
  • Cookie Scoop - Ensures perfectly even cookies.  I always end up with 21 if I use my cookie scoop.  I linked to the one I use in the recipe above.
  • Checking for Doneness - These keto cookies get brown on the bottom and slightly brown on the top.  Mine have always been perfect after 12 minutes.
  • Freezing - I have kept these frozen for months and they still taste great.  I freeze them all on the sheet tray for 2 hours, then I put them all in a freezer safe container or bag.  I pull one out when I am ready to eat a cookie and they are so good straight out of the freezer.

Nutrition

Serving: 1g | Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Fiber: 2g
Use code LOWCARBJ for 20% off at Lakanto (my favorite low carb sweetener)CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!

Keto Pancakes
Instant Pot Ribs
Categories:

Related Posts

• Rachel
    • January 18, 2019

These cookies oh my gosh are absolutely amazing!!! The best keto dessert I’ve yet to try. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!! YUM!!

• Ashley
    • January 16, 2019

Hi! I wanted to try these out and I’m new to Keto. Would the Monk sugar work in this recipe? Is that the same as Swerve?

• January 17, 2019

Yes, monkfruit sweetener would work the same.

• Valerie
    • January 15, 2019

YUM, MADE A SECOND BATCH 4 days later. Made them bigger (around 14-15 cookies).
    For this second time, we removed a bit of chocolate, replaced with a bit of unsweetened coconut, added pinch of cinamon and 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract. Will see how what it does!

• Leah
    • January 15, 2019

Hello!
    I made these for the 1st time tonight. The tops were a little more mushy than I like. I baked them an additional 10 minutes and they were still a little more mushy than I normally like. Do you have any suggestions for making them more evenly browned or golden ( other than cooking them longer, because the bottoms seemed to cook better than the tops).
    Thanks a bunch for the recipe!
    I also must add I didn’t have Lilly choco chips so I chopped up a Lilly’s chocolate bar instead.

• January 16, 2019

Hi Leah, that is just the nature of low carb ingredients. The sugar in non-keto chocolate chip cookies are what brown, and the white flour is what gets crisp.

• LIEZEL
    • January 14, 2019

OMG! This recipe is sure to keep. I am never to eat sweets but since I started low card diet thats all I am craving for. I tried one other recipe and this one is obviously the winner!

• Stacia Livingston
    • January 14, 2019

We loved these! I have been looking for something to satisfy that sweet craving so I decided to try these and I was pleasantly surprised at how good these are. I’ve tried many other recipes and they were awful. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Looking your site over to see what else to try!

• Mikki
    • January 14, 2019

I wish I could say I liked these but honestly, I did not. I followed the recipe as posted and the resulting cookies were less than stellar in my opinion. The first sheet I rolled the dough into balls before placing in the oven and the result was crumbly and under cooked at 18 minutes in a 350 degree gas powered oven. The second sheet of cookies were flattened before placing in the oven for 15 minutes and it resulted in a better looking cookie however the taste of the cookies left much to be desired. I’ve been following the keto lifestyle for several months now so I prefer food that is not overly sweet however these were not nearly sweet enough and there was an unpleasant grainy texture left in my mouth. I felt like I was just eating milled almonds. Sorry but my tastebuds say this one is a fail.

• Helene
      • February 17, 2019

I feel the same I followed the recipe to the letter and while they were beautiful they were not sweet at all. If you found any fixes or a recipe that delivers on the chocolate chip cookie taste. Thanks so much !!

• Donna Arwood
    • January 11, 2019

I’m new to low carb baking and sometimes don’t have the best results. So, I cut this recipe in half so I wouldn’t waste too many ingredients if the cookies didn’t turn out well. I can’t afford to keep wasting these expensive ingredients. Made them tonight and they were so good and turned out perfectly! I had to substitute Swerve brown sugar because I didn’t have enough granulated on hand. And I love the taste it gave. Also added some pecans. And the dough was just as good a treat as the baked cookies. This will definitely be a recipe I use again.

• January 12, 2019

I bet swerve brown sugar made them taste even better. Thanks for the review!

• LaRhonda
    • January 8, 2019

I made these cookies today. They turned out pretty good. I added a few walnuts.

• Carouselle
    • January 3, 2019

Just made these today! I’m a big chocolate chip cookie fan and when I started keto I thought I would be deprived. With my research I found your recipe and these are amazing!!! I froze some of the dough as well as I would have eaten the whole batch ( ;

• January 7, 2019

I like to freeze them after I cook them so i don’t eat them all. I might try freezing some dough next time so they aren’t so easily accessible!

• Mariah
    • January 3, 2019

First try at any keto dessert. I did your tecipe exactly, no changes. So yummy I cant stop eating the batter

• Jennifer simmons
    • December 24, 2018

Can I use nut flour as substitute for almond flour?and Stevie in place of swerve?

• December 26, 2018

You should be able to use another nut flour, just not the same amount of coconut flour. Stevia would not work in the recipe as you would need much less

• Morgan
        • February 7, 2019

If you use coconut flour instead (hubby is allergic to nuts and nut derivatives..), how much coconut flour should you use for this recipe? Thanks! 🙂

• February 9, 2019

I am not sure as I have never made these with coconut flour

• Mikayla
    • December 20, 2018

What would you recommend for someone who does keto but messed up their cookies?! I made a dozen but they weren’t sweet enough and taste like bread with chocolate chips.

• December 23, 2018

You could sprinkle some sweetener on top or make a sugar free glaze

• James
    • December 15, 2018

Having mixed all the ingredients together, the result looks like fine grated parmesan; the mix is pretty dry and took 20 minutes to get into balls. I made 2 substitutions: 3 cups of coconut flour, and 3/4 cup mixing margarine/ butter. There seemed to be too much flour. Any idea what I did wrong?

• Lori
      • December 22, 2018

Almond flour and coconut flour are not a 1:1 substitution.

• Jeri
    • December 13, 2018

Hi Jennifer, I am new at cooking keto and read through your comments before hand. I used 3/4 cup coconut oil and 1 1/2 coconut flour with the exact same remaining ingredients. I mixed in my kitchenaid and it was all very crumbly. I could pack together a ball (kinda like snowballs!) and hoped for a miracle! They came out beautiful but fell apart crumbled if moved. Do you have any suggestions? Ingredients are not cheap so I hate to waste.. although hubby just swallowed 3!! I personally ate one and had to get water to help it down. I am new in the kitchen so adding this or that without exact instructions is terrifying ? Thank you for all you do!!

• December 14, 2018

Some coconut flours are more absorbent than others. I would try 3/4 cup of coconut flour to start and add more until the batter thick enough to hold its shape

• Sydney
    • December 9, 2018

After trying so many different Keto dessert recipes, I was a little disheartened, but these cookies totally changed my mind! They are absolutely delicious!

• December 12, 2018

So glad you liked them!

• Tammy Bailey
    • December 8, 2018

I’m a little confused about the nutritional information. I plugged the recipe into https://www.verywellfit.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4157076 and got 13 carbs per cookie. I’ve never used this nutrition analyzer before, so wondering where you got your nutritional information.

The cookies were FANTASTIC, btw!

• December 12, 2018

It probably calculated the sugar alcohols as carbs but those should be subtracted.

• CHRISTINA E ELBITAR
    • December 1, 2018

I added freshly chopped Rosemary and Lemon Zest instead of the Chocolate and they are so good. I have added Cacao Powder and Turkish Coffee to your recipe, too. They are good!

• Maria
    • November 24, 2018

Can’t wait to try this. How can I make them crispy? Don’t really care for soft chocolate chip cookies.

• November 27, 2018

Cooking them longer should work but usually that crispiness is from white flour, unfortunately.

• Cynthia Mtz
    • November 19, 2018

The nutritional values are for 1 cookie ? So I cookie is 4.6 carbs?

• November 20, 2018

4.3 – 2.3g fiber for one cookie.

• Mandy Hassen
    • November 11, 2018

Is it normal for batter to be oily sense I used coconut oli

• November 12, 2018

The batter isn’t normally oily. Did they bake okay? You may need to pop the batter in the fridge for about 10 minutes to firm up the batter if it gets too soft.

• laura
    • November 4, 2018

Thank you thank you!! My husband and I LOVED these!! I did add some chopped pecans to mine. It made about 35 small cookies, and cooked exactly 10minutes. Will make again!

• Corie
    • October 27, 2018

Mine didn’t flatten out at all. They stayed in a ball. I flattened out the second batch and they were good. Nice cookie for me to cookies.

• Shannon Barrows
      • November 1, 2018

I wish I’d have flattened mine before baking.

• Christina
    • October 26, 2018

Do you think if I added a little pumpkin it would help with the grainy texture if the almond flour.

• October 27, 2018

I’m not sure…they might end up too wet

• Susanne M Frey
    • October 25, 2018

The video shows hand mixing but the recipe calls for stand mixer? How do you make them?

• October 26, 2018

Either way works

• Susanne
        • October 27, 2018

Thanks my pre-keto cookies I always mixed by hand because we like cookies that are thicker.

• Carson
    • October 13, 2018

Made these tonight and they were pretty good! They do have that almond flour almost grainy texture to them but that is what you sacrifice in order to go low carb! These were delicious for an almond flour cookie though. I added about a cup of chopped pecans and a dash of cinnamon. Everyone in my family agreed they were pretty good for a low carb cookie! Will be making these again, Thanks!!

• Sue Stevenson
    • October 13, 2018

I made them exactly as directed and baked for 12 mins, and they are really delicious! The centers were soft and a little crumbly, so next time I will leave them in a minute or two longer till they turn golden on the tops, and not just around the sides. My husband missed having chocolate chip cookies more than any other treat, and now he can have them. Thank you for sharing!

• Judy
    • October 7, 2018

I made this today and love them! Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite and I have been in search of THE low carb cookie. I think I may have found it. I used erythritol instead of Swerve since I only had powdered Swerve on hand. So I added just a little stevia to make it a bit sweeter. I may have flattened my a bit more since they looked a bit flatter but still delicious. I always have to remind myself that erythritol firms up as it cools so they are done before you think they are. Have you added walnuts or pecans to these? I think that might make them perfect.

• Anna Serna
    • September 24, 2018

Oh my God I was almost discouraged with trying new recipes for cookies and Breads and stuff like that and these cookies are flipping amazing they taste so delicious ? and they’re not even dry! I will continue to use thus recipe thanks Jennifer!

• September 24, 2018

I’m so glad to hear that!

• Nancy
        • October 5, 2018

What size oz scoop did you use? one oz or half oz?
        Thanks
        Nancy

• October 9, 2018

I use this one: https://amzn.to/2IKomcY

• Mary
    • September 14, 2018

Several have asked if you packed down the flour and now I want to know the same, did you pack down the flour?

• September 14, 2018

I did not pack the flour

• Chris
    • September 14, 2018

Made with my 3 year old great grandson, so good. I did substitute one cup of stevia with one cup of brown sugar splenda and pressed them down. Sooo Good!

• Kat
    • September 5, 2018

I had to use a bit more erythritol for them to be the perfect amount of sweet & my cook time took 24 min. I read the comments before making them and pushed flattened the cookies out before putting them in the oven & they came out perfect ! They definitely taste a LOT better when you let them fully cool!

• Kathy
    • August 9, 2018

If using coconut oil instead of butter does it need to be melted first or solid?

• August 10, 2018

It needs to be soft like softened butter. If it lives on your counter without melting it will be fine.

• Taylor
    • July 17, 2018

These are the best!! Thank you! I made a batch with white chocolate chips and they were fabulous!

• Lina
    • July 15, 2018

Well, I made the chocolate chip cookies yesterday and they didn’t come out soft or chewy. They were kind of dry inside. Any tips. I still have some left over in the refrigerator . Thank you

• July 16, 2018

Could have baked too long

• Shelly
    • July 11, 2018

Made these tonight. Delicious right out of the oven…a huge hit with my keto eaters! (Quest choc chip cookies are good, but these are better and cheaper…and warm out of the oven) Also cookies looked just like the picture. I will make these for special occasions only…though good enough to eat them everyday. Note: no Lily chips at Health food store (can’t keep them on the shelf) so I bought a Lily chocolate bar and just chopped up half of the bar because I halved the dough recipe. YUM!

• July 11, 2018

Thank you for your kind words! I bet the lily’s bar made the cookies even better…yum!

• Clara
    • June 23, 2018

Would you be able to use monk fruit sweetener instead of swerve? If so, how much would you recommend? Excited to make these this week!

• June 24, 2018

Im not sure on the amount Clara but that would work. This guide will help you with an amount. https://www.wholesomeyum.com/natural-low-carb-sweeteners-guide-conversion-chart/

• Amanda Castro
    • June 21, 2018

Is Erythritol the same as swerve?

• June 24, 2018

Erythritol is in Swerve along with stevia

• Jordyn S.
    • June 15, 2018

I ended up with ~45 cookie balls that were 1 tbsp each. Mine also never flattened out and were cooked through with 10 mins, and ended up being a bit dry, so I combined some to make cookie dough balls that were 2 tbsp each–I still had to push them down or they would have just been a ball shaped cookie, and they also ended up being pretty dry Should the almond flour be packed when measured? Also, I’m at high altitude so not sure if that may have made a difference. Looking forward to any tips you all may have! 🙂

• June 18, 2018

Sounds like too much almond flour. High altitude may be a factor but I am not sure what you would need to so differently. I plan on making a video for this recipe soon!

• Nicole Richardson
    • June 7, 2018

These were amazing!!

• Jennie
    • June 5, 2018

Can you use coconut flour? I know but almond flour is ridiculously expensive. Coconut flour, not so much. So can i sub coconut flour for the almond flour?

• June 5, 2018

Almond flour is SO expensive! You can use coconut flour but you would need to use half the amount.

• Jessica Lynn Zalenski
    • June 4, 2018

My dough won’t form into balls without falling apart no matter what I do:( I used coconut oil and butter both and even put in another egg, so I’m wondering if you packed your flour or not because I didn’

• Holly
    • May 20, 2018

Are these crunchy. I like crisp cookies… I like the cruch not chewy. I want to try these!?

• May 21, 2018

Baking them a little longer would result in crunchy cookies

• MAP
    • April 23, 2018

Just made these and they are SO GOOD in taste.
    I think Swerve may give my stomach some trouble, but I won’t count that against the recipe.

• April 23, 2018

If Swerve gives you tummy trouble, you could try xylitol. Funny enough, I have no problem with Swerve but I cannot tolerate Xylitol.

• Ketolicious
    • March 27, 2018

Very impressed with these! I keep them in the freezer, it firms up to a perfect texture that can be eaten directly from the freezer without being frozen! My new fave:) thank you for a great recipe!

• March 28, 2018

That sounds like an amazing treat!

• Shauna
    • March 13, 2018

I was surprised how good these turned out! I used coconut oil instead of butter and it was just as good:)

• March 14, 2018

So glad you liked them!

• Tanya
    • March 3, 2018

Is the swerve granutaled or,powdered?

• Kelsey
      • July 7, 2018

I used powdered and I think it worked great!

• Gabriela
      • September 4, 2018

I used granulated and they were delicious!!

1. Reply

My husband does keto and I just know he’s going to love these!

• February 22, 2018

I think he will too!

2. Reply

I love the almond flour in these!! Can’t wait to try them!

• February 22, 2018