This instant pot salsa chicken is just the kick you’re looking for for those busy work weeks! Super easy to make and only a few ingredients for this zesty, juicy chicken thigh recipe! Even those picky eaters will love it!
You really need more than just 2 ingredients to make Instant pot salsa chicken worth eating. I season up my chicken thighs before cooking with smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano for some amazingly flavorful chicken!
It's been a while since I posted an instant pot recipe. I'll be honest and admit I don't use it very often at all. I really only use it to make this chicken! I use my air fryer so much more now but you really wouldn't want to pour salsa into your air fryer, lol!
This Instant Pot chicken recipe is a huge hit with my family. Even my picky daughter who hates meat loves this chicken!
To make this recipe as easy as possible, I first pour the salsa into the bottom of the pot, then I add 4 of the chicken thighs. I season those pieces of chicken with half of the spices, then I add 4 more chicken thighs followed by the rest of the spices. I place the lid and set the pot to cook for 12 minutes at high pressure.
I follow with a 10 minute natural pressure release and then serve!
For this recipe I used bone in chicken thighs but I removed the skin. The skin will just remain flabby in the pot and no one wants that! I like to use chicken thighs because they are less prone to dry out like chicken breast and they are more flavorful.
To remove the skin, we pull the skin back from the flesh and then just chop off the end. it's so easy!
Some other delicious recipes you will enjoy:
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken - So Flavorful!
- 8 Bone in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 Cups Salsa
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl, set aside. Add your salsa to your instant pot, then 4 of your chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle half of your seasonings on your chicken thighs. Add your remaining 4 chicken thighs and the remaining of your seasonings.
- Set to high pressure for 12 minutes. When the cook time is done, let naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release the rest of the pressure and remove the lid. Serve.