The whole family will loves these keto birthday cookies! They are so festive and the perfect addition to any celebration or just an after school treat.
Anytime I want something sweet, I always go for keto cookies. They are so easy to make and they are perfectly portioned little treats. And the best part yet, they are only 2 grams of net carbs!
Are sprinkles keto friendly?
I know what you are thinking...are sprinkles keto friendly? Technically, they are not because they have sugar. But if you have followed me for very long you know my motto, keto is a metabolic state, not certain foods. The sprinkles I used have sugar and they contribute 1g of carbs per cookie. Yes, only 1 gram! Store bought sprinkles are about $3 but if you want some sugar free ones, you can find them here: https://amzn.to/3u65LSa. In my opinion, they are not worth the extra cost.
How do you get perfectly uniform keto cookies?
Dividing cookie dough into uniform portions with spoons can be quite difficult. I love to use a scoop for cookies, muffins, meatballs, etc. so I get the same size cookie every time. For this keto birthday cookie recipe, I used a 3 tablespoon scoop and it made exactly 18 cookies.
Checkout these other keto friendly recipes:
- Double chocolate protein cookies
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops
- Coffee Cake Muffins
- Keto Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Strawberry Quick Bread
- Keto Hamburger Stew
- Keto Chocolate Fruit Dip
Checkout these other keto friendly cookie recipes:
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Cinnamon cream cheese cookies
- Almond joy cookies
- Almond butter cookies
- Chocolate no bake cookies
I hope you enjoy this keto birthday cookie recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/cookbook
Watch the video below where Jennifer will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Keto Birthday Cookies - 2 net carbs!
- 3 cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup Powdered Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, powdered sweetener, and sprinkles in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in butter and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Use a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the batter into 18 cookies and place in the refrigerator for five minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will begin to brown around the edges when they are ready. Cool completely before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.