Garlic Butter Pork Chops are the keto friendly chop recipe you have been looking for! Thick cut pork chops seasoned with just the right amount of seasonings topped with buttery goodness! Super easy to make and budget friendly, this recipe will be a quick family favorite!
Pork chops are such an underrated protein that can be ready in a matter of minutes! The are so great for bust weeknights and the whole family loves them. These garlic butter pork chops can be paired with cauliflower Mac and cheese or bacon green beans. Yum!
How to make your own thick pork chops:
Instead of buying thin pork chops that are already cut, I like to cut my own and I cut them at least 1.5 inches thick. I do this for a couple of reasons. 1. They are less likely to over cook and dry out and 2. thick pork chops are just better and easier to cook. I buy a 3 pound pork loin and I cut it into 6 even chops by cutting it in half, then each half is cut into thirds. If you cannot find a 3 pound pork loin (this is on the smaller side) you can buy a larger one and freeze the extra for another meal.
Checking the pork for doneness
One of the most important kitchen tools in my kitchen is a probe meat thermometer. There is no shame in using one to make sure your meat is perfectly cooked! I insert the probe into the center of the pork chop, being sure to not go all of the way through. Pork is safe to eat at 145F and in my opinion, that is when it is the juiciest.
Checkout these other keto friendly recipes:
- Coffee Cake Muffins
- Keto Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Strawberry Quick Bread
- Keto Hamburger Stew
- Keto Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
Checkout these other keto friendly pork chop recipes:
- Stuffed pork chops with bacon and gouda
- Air fryer pork tenderloin
- Air fryer crispy pork chops
- Bacon wrapped pork chops
I hope you enjoy this garlic butter pork chops recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/ketocookbook
Watch the video below where Jennifer will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Garlic Butter Pork Chops - 20 Minutes!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 3 pound boneless pork loin- cut into 6 chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat the avocado oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Season each side of your chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook the pork chops in the hot skillet to get a good sear - about 2 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 145F, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chops from the skillet once cooked through and drizzle melted butter over top. Finish with chopped parsley.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.