Rich in flavor without all the sugar! These Almond Butter Cookies will be the perfect treat for the whole family! Super easy to whip up a batch and feel guilt free while your snack!
These cookies are the perfect afternoon school treat and my kids just love them. I love that I don't feel guilty giving them these cookies because they have no sugar.
Unsweetened almond butter
Make sure you check the ingredients on your almond butter and pick one that only has almonds and maybe salt. There are so many types and brands out there now and a lot of them have some form of sugar.
Why xanthan gum?
You may think this is a crazy ingredient but it really isn't. You can find it in a lot of store bought foods like ice cream and soups. It helps thicken and keep ice creamy creamy and it helps these cookies stay chewy.
Checkout these other delicious recipe recently added to the website:
- Italian Stuffed Sausage Bake
- Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Baked Feta Tomato Pasta
- Chinese Black Pepper Steak
Almond Butter Cookies
- ⅔ cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy unsweetened almond butter
- 1 cup brown sugar sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line 2, 9x13 baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, xanthan gum, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add butter, almond butter and brown sugar sweetener to the mixing bowl with the almond flour and baking soda, mix until incorporated and smooth. Add the beaten egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. You can use an electric mixer or a stand mixer.
- Cover dough and let refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop the batter into 15 cookies evenly spaced on the baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 20 minutes. Serve.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.