This low carb and keto chicken stir fry has an amazing stir fry sauce that only uses a few ingredients. Pack this easy keto dinner with even more veggies by serving it with cauliflower rice.
A quick meal is always the best meal. My quick keto dinners are always a big hit with my family! They loved this keto chicken stir fry with boneless skinless chicken thighs! The meat is so juicy and the stir fry sauce is so delicious. Let me show you how to make it!
KETO CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE
I love to serve this recipe with steamed cauliflower rice. The sauce from this stir fry recipe seasons the cauliflower rice perfectly. This tutorial I made shows you the easiest way to make riced cauliflower.
MAKING THE STIR FRY SAUCE
This sauce is packed with flavor and is perfectly keto. We use a keto friendly sweetener to bring the sweetness, soy sauce or coconut aminos for the salty, fish sauce and sesame oil for the Umami, and ground garlic and ginger because it wouldn’t be stir fry sauce without them.
This sauce can also be used for all of your keto stir fry needs. Shake it up in a jar with a lid and use with pork, beef or chicken stir fry. So much better than store bought stir fry sauce!
In this recipe I used green bell pepper, broccoli, onion, and mushrooms…but only because those are the vegetables I love to use.
You could also use other colored bell peppers, carrots, or green beans.
CAN CHICKEN BREAST BE USED?
Definitely! I prefer the use of boneless skinless chicken thighs, though, because they don’t dry out and they have so much more flavor.
3 Boneless skinless chicken breast would replace the chicken thighs in this recipe.
Some of my other quick takeout inspired keto recipes:
- Keto Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Keto Teriyaki Chicken
- Keto Beef Bulgogi
- Keto Beef and Broccoli
- Keto Mongolian Beef
Keto Stir Fry with Chicken
Stir Fry Sauce
Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Red or Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Cups Broccoli florets
- 8 ounces Baby bella Mushrooms, sliced
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chicken in avocado oil until cooked through. About 5-8 minutes. When cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Next, add onions and cook until transparent
- Add in your broccoli , peppers and mushrooms and then your stir-fry sauce.
- Cook vegetables in stir fry sauce until it reduces and the vegetables are tender.
- Add your chicken back to your skillet and sauté for a few more minutes.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast can be used in place of the chicken thighs
- Other vegetables can be used such as carrots, zucchini, green beans, or different colored bell peppers
- Fish sauce has it's own distinct flavor so it really has no replacement. If you are all out, just omit it.
- If there is a vegetable you don't like, just omit them and add more of the other vegetables
- Serve with cauliflower rice for a veggie packed keto dinner