This easy 4 ingredients keto hot chocolate is ready in only 5 minutes. I use a combo of almond milk and heavy cream for the ultimate creamy hot chocolate treat…but I also provide a dairy free option.
“This blog post is sponsored by Almond Breeze. The content and opinions expressed here are mine.”
Who doesn’t love a warm mug of hot chocolate on a cold day? This low carb and keto version is so easy to make! It is my family’s go to hot chocolate recipe. Make it even more decadent by serving it with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
The ingredients for this recipe are unsweetened almond milk, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and keto friendly sweetener.
This combination of ingredients makes for a decadent hot chocolate, but not too decadent that it cannot be enjoyed regularly.
MICROWAVE OR STOVETOP
This recipe can be made easily on the stovetop or the microwave.
For the microwave, heat your almond milk and heavy cream in mugs for 90 seconds then simply stir in the cocoa powder and sweetener.
For the stovetop, heat your almond milk and heavy cream over medium heat until it is steaming, then whisk in the cocoa powder and sweetener.
DAIRY FREE OPTION
This recipe uses almond milk which is dairy free, but we need to replace the heavy cream with canned, full fat coconut milk to make this recipe completely dairy free.
OTHER KETO DRINKS FROM LOW CARB WITH JENNIFER TO ENJOY:
- Keto Bulletproof Coffee
- Low Carb Smoothies – The Essentials!
- Frozen Peppermint Mocha
- Low Carb Matcha Latte
Keto Hot Chocolate - 1 Net Carb
- 12 Ounces Almond Breeze Original AlmondMilk
- 4 Ounces Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- Heat the almond milk and the heavy cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat until it is steaming...about 5 minutes. Whisk in the cocoa powder and sweetener until fully incorporated. Serve in 2 mugs.
- Heat the almond milk and heavy cream in 2 mugs for 2-3 minutes or until the desired temperature. Stir in the cocoa powder and the sweetener. Serve
- DAIRY FREE: Almond milk is dairy free but to make this recipe completely dairy free, replace the heavy cream with canned full fat coconut milk.
- NUTRITION: The nutrition information below is for 1 cup of the hot chocolate using heavy cream and Ghirardelli cocoa powder.
- It is important to heat the liquid before adding in the cocoa powder or it will clump and be harder to incorporate.
- Use unsweetened almond milk for the least amount of carbs