Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole with steak is the perfect one skillet dinner for those busy weeknights! Tender steak simmered with onions and bell peppers…yummy!
Simple meals are my jam and this Philly cheesesteak skillet couldn’t be easier. Some other easy skillet dinners you will love are Artichoke chicken skillet, keto chicken enchilada skillet, and keto hamburger helper.
This recipe uses really simple seasonings which are perfect for a weeknight dinner. I am all about seasoning with just salt, pepper, and garlic, but if you want to kick it up a notch, feel free to add your own seasoning touch.
Can I use another type of meat?
Definitely! I think the recipe would work perfectly with ground beef, chicken breast, or ground turkey.
What other cheeses can I use?
American cheese, Cheese Whiz and Provolone are traditional cheeses used in a Philly cheesesteak but feel free to use any cheese you like!
If you like this recipe, please check out these other delicious keto options:
- Keto Chicken Stroganoff
- Keto Strawberry Lemonade
- Cheesy Keto Broccoli with Bacon
- Keto Reuben Casserole
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 ½ pounds Ribeye Steaks, sliced thin
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Papper, Sliced
- ½ pound White American Cheese, sliced
- ½ White onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Heat the avocado oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the steak pieces and sear on each side for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium and add your vegetables, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes or until softened. While your vegetables are cooking, preheat your broiler to high heat.
- Once your vegetables are cooked through, add your steak back to your skillet. Stir to mix the juices from your vegetables with your steak.
- Layer the cheese on top of the steak and vegetables.
- Place your oven proof skillet under the broiler to allow the cheese to brown and melt.