This super delicious keto taco pie tastes just like a taco. I love to prep it early in the week and then lunch is ready to go! It is one of my favorite meal prep recipes and I know you are going to love it, too! Only 3 grams of carbs per serving!
I love anything taco flavor and this taco pie is no exception. It really tastes just like a taco but without all of the carbs! And the best part, you can have that taco flavor everyday of the week when you make this for meal prep.
I make this super simple by going straight from stovetop to skillet. Start off by browning your ground beef in an oven safe skillet and then after adding in the seasonings, you can push the ground beef to one side and spray the pan with cooking spray. This ensures the eggs in the casserole doesn't stick.
After that we can pour in our egg mixture which is just eggs, cheese, half and half, and salsa. Easy peasy!
In the oven it goes and after about 30 minutes, you have a dinner or meal prep lunch that the whole family will enjoy.
Serve it with sour cream, avocado, and more salsa for even more flavor.
Be sure you checkout these other keto friendly recipes:
Keto Taco Pie
- 1 Pound Lean ground beef
- 1 ½ teaspoons Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup Half and half (this is half cream and half milk)
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 2 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until cooked through and crumbled.
- Add in the spices and stir until fully incorporated.
- Spray the bottom of your skillet with cooking spray by pushing the ground beef to the side. Mix in the shredded cheese with the ground beef.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs, salsa, and half and half. Pour mixture on top of the ground beef and cheese.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 30-45 minutes or until the eggs are set. Serve it with sour cream, avocado, and more salsa for even more flavor.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.