Ground turkey can be delicious if you use the right kind and add lots of flavorful seasonings like I did in this Keto Turkey Meatloaf. This is my husbands new favorite meatloaf recipe! You can also use ground beef for this keto meatloaf!
Calling all meatloaf lovers! Sometimes you just want turkey meatloaf and this recipe does not disappoint. It really is my husbands new favorite and it has been requested many time. Let me show you how to make a juicy and flavorful keto turkey meatloaf!
WHICH GROUND TURKEY SHOULD I USE?
To make the most flavorful and moist turkey meatloaf, you need to use a ground turkey that is 85% lean and 15% fat. This makes the meatloaf so much better than using 99% fat free ground turkey!
PORK RINDS OR ALMOND FLOUR FOR BINDING
I like to use almond flour in my keto meatloaf recipes as a breadcrumb substitute, but you can use ground pork rinds as a 1 for 1 replacement.
CAN I USE A LOAF PAN
I do not recommend a loaf pan for meatloaf because it will just become a brick and it takes longer to cook.
I prefer to form my meatloaf into a loaf shape on a sheet pan. Use your hands to form it into a tight loaf shape.
WHERE CAN I FIND SUGAR FREE KETCHUP?
I like to use any store bought sugar free ketchup that I can find but I know that some are not happy with the ingredients. You can make your own sugar free ketchup...a simple google search will find a good recipe.
SOME OF MY OTHER COMFORT RECIPES YOU SHOULD TRY:
- Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Keto Creamy Lemon Garlic Salmon
- Cream Cheese Chicken with Bacon
Amazing Keto Turkey Meatloaf
This post may contain affiliate links
- Preheat the oven to 350F and coat a sheet pan with cooking spray or line with foil
- Heat the avocado oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and cook until translucent. About 8 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the ground turkey, onion and garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, chicken broth, Worcestershire, eggs, and almond flour. Mix well.
- Dump the turkey mixture in the sheet pan and form into a loaf. Spread the ketchup on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until an internal meat thermometer reads 165F.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.