This Steak Quesadilla recipe with Copycat Taco Bell Sauce will feel like a cheat meal! Tender steak topped with melty cheese and the best homemade taco bell sauce...It tastes so much better than the real deal!
This amazing steak quesadilla recipe with copycat taco bell quesadilla sauce is so easy and family friendly! It is the perfect easy dinner recipe to use up some leftover steak. The Taco Bell steak Quesadilla is okay in a pinch, but I made my recipe so much better.
Fresh ingredients are always better than fast food and this can be finished before you make it through the drive thru! My kids also love to eat a basic cheese quesadilla with the sauce. I'm a steak lover, so I will put some leftover steak to good use!
This recipe can be used to make amazing chicken quesadillas as well. Simply swap thinly sliced cooked chicken breast for the steak. These truly are the best quesadillas...the whole family will love this recipe! It is the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
This easy steak quesadilla recipe uses simple ingredients, but I provide swap options incase you want to make this easy dinner recipe your own. The full printable recipe card with exact measurements is toward the bottom of the page.
4 low carb tortillas (soft taco size) - I like to use La Banderita soft taco flour tortillas to make a low carb steak quesadilla. Use your favorite, though!
2 Cups shredded quesadilla cheese or Monterrey Jack cheese - These are great options and I think the best cheese for quesadillas. Feel free to measure the cheese with your heart. Lots of cheese please!
12 Ounces Thinly sliced cooked steak (your favorite steak cut) - Steak leftovers are great for this recipe. I also love cooking frozen sirloin steaks straight from the freezer in my air fryer. it really makes these delicious steak quesadillas even easier! Checkout my air fryer frozen steak tutorial.
8 tablespoons Taco Bell quesadilla sauce - This sauce tastes identical to the sauce Taco Bell uses on their steak quesadillas.
How to make the best steak quesadillas
This section explains how to make this beef quesadilla recipe, step by step. For a full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
To make the best steak quesadilla recipe, first place a large skillet over medium heat (I prefer to use non-stick). Spray the hot pan with a little bit of olive oil cooking spray and add a tortilla to the skillet. The oil is the best way to get a crispy tortilla.
Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese over half of the tortilla, followed by 3 ounces of thinly sliced steak, 2 tablespoons of the homemade Taco Bell sauce, and finally another ¼ cup of cheese.
Fold the tortilla in half and continue to cook until you melt the cheese and the tortilla is lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Cook the second side for a few minutes more until browned.
Transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board and use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the quesadilla into half or thirds.
Continue with the remaining ingredients to make 4 steak quesadillas.
Serve cut into wedges and top the steak quesadillas with extra Taco Bell sauce, guacamole, salsa or pico de Gallo, fresh cilantro, or sour cream.
- You can use any steak you want, but I would advise you to use a cut like top sirloin so your steak isn't tough and it has great flavor. You could use filet mignon, but that seems like too expensive of a cut for quesadillas.
- You want to make sure your steak strips are seasoned nicely. I like to use adequate salt, garlic powder, onion powder and ground cumin.
- Slice the juicy steak in thin strips against the grain for the most tender steak quesadillas.
Storing and reheating instructions
- Store leftover steak quesadillas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat leftover quesadillas in the oven at 350F for 4-5 minutes. You can also reheat in the air fryer for the same time and temperature.
More steak recipes
- The Easiest Steak Tips Recipe
- Leftover Steak Soup
- Keto Mongolian Beef
- Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms
HUNGRY FOR MORE EASY RECIPES? Click here to subscribe to my newsletter and get my 80+ recipe e-cookbook absolutely FREE!
Steak Quesadilla Recipe - Better than Taco Bell!
- 4 low carb tortillas (soft taco size) or your favorite tortilla
- 2 Cups shredded quesadilla cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 Ounces Thinly sliced cooked steak your favorite cut of steak
- 8 tablespoons Taco Bell quesadilla sauce (click here for the recipe)
- Place a large non stick skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Add a low carb tortilla to the skillet and sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese in a single layer over half, followed by 3 ounces of thinly sliced steak, 2 tablespoons of the homemade Taco Bell sauce, and finally, another ¼ cup of cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half and continue to cook until the cheese melts and the tortilla is lightly browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan. If there is any melted cheese remaining in the pan, carefully wipe it out with a paper towel so it doesn't burn. Continue with the remaining ingredients to make 4 steak quesadillas.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the quesadilla into portions. Serve with extra Taco Bell sauce, homemade guacamole, salsa, or sour cream.
- feel free to add jalapeño peppers, sautéed onions or green bell peppers to the steak quesadillas to kick them up a notch.
- Use whatever steak you like. I prefer sirloin steak cut into thin slices. You can also use flank steak or skirt steak.
- You want to make sure your steak strips are seasoned nicely. I like to use adequate salt, garlic powder, onion powder and ground cumin. You could even use taco seasoning for more great flavor!
- Slice the steak in thin strips against the grain for the most tender steak quesadillas.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.