It’s summer and that means an abundance of delicious, in season tomatoes. Wondering what to do with all of that tomato goodness? How about Tomato Pizza!
What you need to know is how amazing this pizza is, and how easy it is!
First thing for this tomato pizza is picking the right pizza crust. I am partial to Fathead pizza crust because it is low carb. You could use any crust you like, though!
Want a gluten free crust – Simple Mills crust is amazing! (“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”)
Just want a regular yeast crust? – The Pioneer Woman is my go to!
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO PIZZA
To get started, you need to follow the directions for your pizza crust. With the fathead pizza crust, it can be ready in less than 30 minutes…the same with the Simple Mills crust.
For a homemade crust with a yeast dough, you’re going to need about 1.5 hours to finish this tomato pizza.
After I got the dough all situated, I coated it with olive oil and baked it on parchment paper directly on the oven rack.
Now it’s time to layer on the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil!
I used fresh mozzarella that was already sliced, but you could use shredded mozzarella as well.
Now we bake it for about 10 minutes more, or until the mozzarella starts to get all bubbly and delicious. If you like a little heat, you can sprinkle on some red pepper flakes.
I’m not lying when I tell you this is my favorite pizza of all time. I would pick this over a meat lovers any day!
Tomato Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Pizza Crust of Choice (see notes)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced thin
- 8 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced
- 6 Basil leaves
- Make your favorite pizza crust according to the recipe directions. Spread out on a piece of parchment paper and bake at 400F for 8-10 minutes directly on the oven rack.
- Remove from the oven and coat the crust with the olive oil then layer the tomatoes and mozzarella on top. Finish with the basil leaves.
- Bake directly on the oven rack again for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust starts to brown and the cheese becomes bubbly.
- Slice and serve
⭐ Did you make this Tomato Pizza Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer