There is just something about a cold pasta salad that reminds me of picnics and family reunions. You will definitely surprise your family (hopefully in a good way) when they find out this low carb pasta salad is just as good as its carb filled evil cousin.
When you think about making something low carb, the last thing that comes to mind would be pasta salad. I mean, pasta is the star, right? I can guarantee that this low carb pasta salad will wow even the toughest crowds. The zucchini and bell pepper give some needed crunch, the salami gives a nice salty bite, and the feta makes it nice and creamy.
The first thing you want to do is get your veggies prepped…dice your zucchini and your bell pepper. I cut my zucchini into quarters longways, then I cut them in half inch pieces. whole olives instead of sliced are fine, I just cut mine into quarters.
My salami was sliced, which I like because it distributes it throughout the salad better. I cut the slices into strips, and then cut that into 1 inch pieces.
Dump all of that into a bowl with the feta, I forgot the bell pepper in this picture because I’m an air head
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Add your favorite low carb Italian dressing. I used Olive Garden brand that I bought at the grocery store. Mixity mix it all together and add salt and pepper to taste. It’s as easy as that! You can serve it as is, or you can let it chill in the fridge for an hour. It is delicious both ways!
- 2 Small Zucchini , one inch diced
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper. diced
- 3 oz chopped genoa salami
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup crumpled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian Dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- steam the zucchini just enough to take the rawness away
- You want it to still have a little crunch but you don't want it to be mushy
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled