Bring the takeout home with this Chinese inspired stir fry! Tender chicken and broccoli covered in a tangy sweet and salty stir fry sauce in one skillet and less than 30 minutes! Super easy family friendly dinner or meal prep!
This simple takeout copy cat dish is the perfect busy weeknight dinner. I love the juicy boneless skinless chicken thighs because they add so much flavor and the keto stir fry sauce is out of this world easy and delicious!
This stir fry recipe is light on the calories so I recommend pairing it with a delicious keto dessert!
Get ready, because this recipe comes together quickly. It’s best to have all of your components ready so you can quickly throw them in the pan.
I get all of my broccoli chopped into florets and I get my chicken sliced.
I go ahead and mix up my sauce which includes soy sauce, brown sugar keto sweetener, garlic, ginger, water, and xanthan gum.
The xanthan gum acts like cornstarch in traditional Chinese cooking and it helps thicken the sauce. It is activated by the heat but be careful; a little goes a long way and it is not something I would use as a breading. It doesn’t work like that!
You are going to love this keto stir fry recipe! It’s a little sweet, a little salty, easy, and incredibly delicious.
Some other keto recipes you will love:
Keto Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced thin
- 4 Cups Broccoli florets
- ¼ cup Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the soy sauce, sweetener, garlic, ginger, xanthan gum and water. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add your chicken thighs and broccoli florets. Stir occassionally until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet with the chicken and broccoli and increase heat to high. Cook for a few more minutes until the sauce starts to thicken and coats chicken and broccoli evenly.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.