Chicken Meatball Zoodle Soup is the all-time classic soup you love…now with a low carb spin! Fresh ingredients, savory chicken meatballs combined with fresh zoodles… makes this the ultimate comfort soup!
I know it’s Summer but I could eat soup anytime of year. This chicken meatball zoodle soup is so delicious and filling and so flavorful!
I adapted this delicious soup from Damn Delicious. I thought it looked so delicious (as all of her recipes do) but I wanted to make it more keto friendly.
This was an easy task! I simply replaced the breadcrumbs with almond flour in the meatballs and reduced some of the onion and carrot.
The chicken meatballs in the soup make it so interesting and give it so much more flavor. I really wouldn’t skip the meatballs!
How to make the zucchini noodles
Zucchini noodles are really great in soup as they are usually watery. They give an extra healthy dose of veggies.
I use the Inspiralizer to make the zucchini noodles. It is by far the best zoodle maker out there!
Some other keto recipes you will enjoy:
Keto Chicken Meatball Zoodle Soup
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil, divided (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Diced onion
- 1/2 Cup Diced Carrots
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 medium Zucchini, spiraled
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chicken Meatballs:
- 1 pound Ground chicken
- 1/3 cup Almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, almond flour, parmesan, oregano, parsley, garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper
- Combine with your hands until all the ingredients are combined. Once combined, begin rolling your chicken mixture into 1 1/2 inch meatballs. Should make about 12-13 meatballs.
- In a large dutch oven of heavy bottom pot, add 1 tablespoon of your avocado oil and begin heating over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook until all sides are browned. Should take about 2-3 minutes. Remove and set on paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil, garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook until cooked through. Should take 3-4 minutes. Stir occasionally. Now add your thyme and cook for 1 minute more.
- Now, pour in your chicken broth, bay leaf and bring to boil. Reduce your heat to a simmer and place meatballs inside. Making sure to cook meatballs through. Should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in your zucchini noodles during the last 3-5 minutes of your cook time. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Serve.