Keto Chocolate Mousse – Ready in only 10 minutes! This low carb and keto chocolate mousse is decadent and super easy to make. Uses only 4 ingredients (heavy cream, sweetener, unsweetened cocoa, and vanilla) and no chilling required!

keto chocolate mousse

When I make keto desserts, I like them to be super easy with only a few ingredients.  Recipes like my Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies, butter cookie fat bombs, and Keto Mug Cake.  This Keto Chocolate Mousse ticks all of those boxes, plus it is incredibly delicious.

grab my FREE low carb success guide and keto cookbook!

(P.S. That's how I lost over 60 pounds)

Most chocolate mousse recipes involve melting chocolate, separating eggs and beating egg whites, and chilling for hours in the fridge.  I avoided all of that with this easy recipe!

This recipe is a denser chocolate mouse (my favorite) because it doesn’t incorporate beaten egg whites.  It would be easy to make this lighter, though, by incorporating 3 egg whites beaten to stiff peaks.

HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

What we need to make this recipe is heavy cream, sweetener, sifted cocoa powder, and vanilla.

The first step in making this delicious keto dessert is whisking the heavy cream until it gets nice and thick.  It’s usually ready when you start to see ribbons form in the cream.  You can whisk the cream by hand or you can use a stand mixer, or even a hand mixer.

whipped cream on a whisk

“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

Now we are going to add in the sweetener, sifted cocoa powder, and the vanilla and whisk a little more until everything is all combined.

low carb chocolate mousse

My on my, this keto chocolate mousse is so dense, rich, and decadent.  It will satisfy your chocolate craving in only a few bites.  I promise.

keto chocolate mousse

keto chocolate mousse

Keto Chocolate Mousse

4.89 from 18 votes
PRINT RECIPE PIN RECIPE
Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Keyword: keto dessert recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4
Calories: 218kcal

Ingredients

Instructions

• Whisk the cream to stiff peaks using.  Add in the cocoa powder, sweetener, vanilla and salt and whisk until all ingredients are just combined.  Makes 4 servings

Notes

Nutrition per serving: 218 calories / 23g fat / 5g carbs / 2g fiber / 2g protein

• If you want a lighter mousse, whisk 3 egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into the mouse mixture until just combined.

Nutrition

Calories: 218kcal
Use code LOWCARBJ for 20% off at Lakanto (my favorite low carb sweetener)CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!

⭐ Did you make Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe?  Tag me on Instagram so I can see!  @lowcarbwithjennifer

Smoky Keto Deviled Eggs
4 Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
Categories:

Related Posts

• Nicole
    • September 19, 2019

I only have Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Classic, would I still use 1/4c for this?? New to keto, thank you!!!

• September 20, 2019

yes but taste it to make sure it is sweet enough for your taste and add more if you want. The texture may be a little gritty because of the granulated sweetener.

• Liza
    • August 4, 2019

I found it far too sweet using Nativa 1:1. A small taste was delicious, but eating it by the spoonful was definitely too sweet to enjoy. Going to try it again with half the amount of Nativa 🙂

• Therese
      • August 17, 2019

Absolutely perfect!

• Margaret Manzo
    • August 3, 2019

I used granulated Lankanto sweetener. The sugar didn’t dissolve so it tasted granulated. Anyone else have this issue?

• August 5, 2019

Yes, that’s why the recipe requires powdered sweetener

• Kam Buggs
      • August 5, 2019

Are the nutritional facts per serving or the entire thing?

• August 6, 2019

For 1/4th of the recipe

• Brittany
    • July 28, 2019

I never really comment but this is SO dang good! I usually get it at a Keto bakery for big money. I am so glad I found this recipe! Thank you!

• July 29, 2019

So glad my recipe helps!

• CHRIS HALE
    • July 23, 2019

Loved it! I asked my wife to make a low carb pie crust and used this as a pie filling.

• DavisC
    • July 16, 2019

Soooooo goood!!

• Carolyn Jorgensen
    • June 25, 2019

Going to try this, if I left out the chocolate and could make it a vanilla?

• June 25, 2019

I think that would work. I would add vanilla extract

• Connie
        • August 28, 2019

I made this using the chocolate, and loved it! So did my husband. I feel it could have been a bit sweeter, I used 1/4 c. swerve, so next time I’ll use a bit more. It kept beautifully in the fridge for about 4 days and just got better! Today I made the recipe but instead of chocolate, I added strawberry freezer jam that I made with monkfruit sweetener. O.M.G! It’s beautiful and delicious!!! Thank you for the recipe!

• September 2, 2019

That strawberry mousse sounds amazing!

• Holly
    • June 11, 2019

This is just what I needed! It fulfilled my chocolate/sugar cravings. I used “Krisda for baking”. Very yummy.

• Robin Fennema
      • June 28, 2019

I only have swerve confectioners. Could I use?

• June 29, 2019

Yes, it will work

• Ben
      • September 19, 2019

Hi Jennifer-Can you substitute avocado for the heavy whipping cream? And if so, how much should I use?

• September 20, 2019

I bet you can but I am not sure of the amount

• Sherri
    • June 10, 2019

This is so good. One thing i struggle with is missing sweets and this is amazing. How long will it keep in the fridge? I doubled the batch and stored in tupperware.

• June 10, 2019

It should keep for a few days

• Mere
    • June 4, 2019

I’m lazy. Really lazy. Lol. So I kinda ignored the steps, dumped everything in one of my rocket blender cups and threw it on the blender. After maybe a minute, you could hear when it was done by the change in the sound. I took it off and it was PERFECT. Cold, thick, creamy, rich, chocolatey deliciousness. Oh. My. Mousse. I can’t lie. I ate half of it. And the other half is in the fridge for breakfast. ?. Thank you!!!!!!!

• June 6, 2019

you are a genius!

• Pamela
    • May 28, 2019

Simple, quick, delicious and decadent dessert. Thanks for sharing.

• Hannah
    • May 11, 2019

Great recipe. Being on Keto I am sensative to sweetness and would use less sugar next time I make this but it depends on the sweetener you use as well which for me was different than what they used in this recipe. I also added chopped pecans for texture and added healthy fat and it was amazing!

• Lee
    • May 7, 2019

Absolutely amazing.

• Lisa Petrella
    • May 4, 2019

this recipe whips up dense and just the perfect amount of sweetness. I added Lily’s sweetened chocolate chips and it was a grand slam!

• Jamie Wesson
    • April 30, 2019

What is the serving size? There is an ad over that part & I can’t get rid of it?

• April 30, 2019

Sorry about that, Jamie. The serving size is 1/4th of the recipe.

• Cindy Ball
    • April 27, 2019

What about erythritol and would the measurements be the same?

• April 30, 2019

yes and it would be the same amount.

• Susan
    • April 22, 2019

This is my go to Choc fix!

For me I have found 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa powder and 3 T of Confection Swerve sifted we enough for me. Left everything else same measurements. LOVE ❤️ this!

• Colette vanderPark
    • April 20, 2019

love your recipies

• April 24, 2019

Thank you!

• Cindy
    • April 17, 2019

This was pretty good. I used liquid Stevia. There is an after taste because of the Stevia. I don’t know what other sugar substitute would work better, so I guess I will stick with the Stevia. I have xylitol. Why is there no sweetener that tastes as good as the real thing. I just love sugar.

• Monika Conroy
      • July 24, 2019

Absolutely great!

• Divina
    • April 15, 2019

Can i put it in the refrigerator until ready to eat

• April 15, 2019

Yes, it should be fine

• Christina King
    • April 2, 2019

This is my go-to chocolate mousse. I use Xylitol and it turns out perfect.

• Meera Sawant
    • March 26, 2019

This was heavenly! Absolutely delicious. I used the egg whites to make mine lighter and it is so so so good!!!

• Kiri
    • March 24, 2019

Omg this is so good. Just what i needed to stay away from sugar!

• Pamela
      • May 7, 2019

Good good good

• Sue O'Dwyer
    • February 22, 2019

Oh my gosh – this is SO good!!! I made it with Swerve Confectioner’s sugar because that’s all I had in the house, but it was great! I’m so excited that I now have something really special when I have my chocolate cravings!!! Thank you so much!!

• February 22, 2019

SO glad you liked it, Sue!

• Jassica jass
    • February 15, 2019

Wow! It is a great recipe for making a chocolate mousse. I like this Post. Thanks for sharing with us.

• Stephanie Callahan
    • January 20, 2019

Super easy to make and the consistency Ian great but I’m questioning the amount of salt because that’s all I’m tasting. Next time I will add much less.

• Lydia
      • September 14, 2019

Hi there!

I was wondering if this recipe can be frozen?

Many thanks,

Lydia

• September 14, 2019

That’s a good question that I didn’t know the answer to. I found this:
        Pour the mousse into an airtight container. Leave 1 inch of headroom for expansion as the mousse freezes.

Seal the container and affix a label to the front.

Write the contents and expiration date, two months from the current date, on the label.

Freeze the chocolate mousse for up to two months.

Thaw the mousse in the refrigerator until you can spoon it out of the container.

• Janet
    • January 19, 2019

The mousse was delicious. I used some almond extract too maybe 1/2 tsp. With crushed almonds on top.

• nicole
    • December 29, 2018

This mousse looks absolutely delicious, what a stunning photograph! Love the shallow depth of field. Thank you for sharing, Jennifer! 🙂

• TFI
    • December 27, 2018

Really looks and sounds delicious!!!

• DianeZ
    • December 18, 2018

I made this tonight and it’s fantastic! I looked at the calorie content and the carbs and was expecting this to be one of those low carb desserts where you get about a quarter of a cup per serving and end up eating the whole thing yourself but it really is a generous portion when divided four ways.

• December 19, 2018

So glad you liked it, Diane!

• Glynis
    • December 8, 2018

Hi! This sounds delicious! I am in Australia and use Natvia sweetener, would it be the same amount as the brand you mentioned?
    Thanks

• December 12, 2018

I am not sure but if it is a 1 for 1 replacement to sugar and it’s powdered, then it should work fine